September
Wrote and deleted three paragraphs about the despair I’m feeling about everything going on in the world because 1) the people who get it don’t need a reminder, 2) the people who don’t get it will continue to prioritize their own comfort and ignorance no matter how I phrase my own thoughts, and 3) hopelessness may be valid but it doesn’t make things better for anybody.
To be honest I’m not feeling up to writing today, and I know barely anyone reads this anyway. But a streak is a streak, and my (admittedly) undiagnosed but highly suspected compulsive nature sends me into a state of panic at the thought of not posting at all. So, a list it is.
A List of Good Things:
1) My sibling watching DWTS with me
DWTS continues to test me and while this year has felt way less fun than previous seasons for a multitude of reasons, my sibling is invested and I’m enjoying their takes every week.
2) Reading
I’ve done well on my reading goals this year and have visited quite a few libraries in our new area. Started a new cozy murder series featuring anthropomorphic animals (The Shady Hollow series by Juneau Black) that is perfect for the season. Only three squares away from completing 2026 book bingo.
3) Jane Austen Adaptations
4) Museums
Love a local museum. Please tell me about the time someone robbed the local bank and who has which theories about the thief’s identity. Please tell me about the unique architecture of certain houses in town. Please tell me about how the high school mysteriously burned down the day before exams but the students had to take them anyway. Please tell me about how this guy built his house so his bedroom window led directly to the porch so he could leave each day without talking to his family/so he could sneak in his secret paramour *cough cough* I mean best bro.
5) New recipes
Gochujang carbonara, a new veggie curry (potatoes, parsnips, carrots), and shakshuka are the more recent hits. Not super impressive for actual chefs, but as someone who does not enjoy cooking, I feel accomplished.
6) Cool weather
Put me in a sweatshirt, surrounded by trees, with an apple butter chai in my hand immediately.
7) Wolf vs. ACME
8) Arts & crafts
9) Mellowcream pumpkins
10) Phantom Fall (i.e. watching Asian dramas that are “on theme” for the autumn)
RH Plus = absolute banger of an early 2000s, goofy Japanese found family vehicle.
The Ghost Bride = stunning visuals, unique story, one of the few times I have ever rooted for Wu Kang Ren’s character.
Peaceful Property = great vibes, loved seeing some range from the actors; would definitely watch a season 2.
Phantom Lawyer = We love Esom, lighthearted when it counts, great ensemble cast supporting likable leads


Comments
Post a Comment